Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What I want my Sons to Know...

I read a recent post from Pinterest about a mom who wrote to her boys about what she wants them to know in life. I thought it was a great idea and wanted to do the same for my two boys so here it goes..

1. When I look into your eyes I see my heart.

I never knew how much my life would be changed because of the two of you until they placed you in my arms. You taught me so much about unconditional love. I love you more and more each day.

2. Play. Draw. Create.

Use your mind to be creative. It teaches expression and lets out your true personality. There will be fingerprints on walls, mud on floors, paint in hair but it can all be cleaned.

3. Love the outdoors.

Go outside as much as possible and enjoy nature. Bike, run, play, climb.

4. Accept others for who they are.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Accept each person for who they are and respect them.

5. Always move forward.

There will be times in life where you will hit bumps in the road. It's what you do when you hit that bump. Don't let it get you down. Get back on your feet and keep going. It will make you stronger. You can do it!

6. It's okay to cry.

Crying is an emotion..a feeling. It doesn't make you any less of a man if you cry. We all do it.

7. Always be proud of who you are.
You may not always be the best on a team or the most popular but stay true to yourself and be proud for who you have become. Mom and dad will always be proud of you.

8. Be an apprentice.
Before you move out of our house or head to college, you need to know how to do laundry, cleaning the dishes, make the beds, dust, cooking, grocery shopping, and clean the house. Your wife will one day thank me.

9. Play a sport.
It will teach you leadership, sportsmanship, respect, and how to work as a team.

10. Put God first in your life.

Wherever life takes you, keep God in the center. He is always there for you. Prayer and faith takes you a long way.

11. Respect Women.

Treat women with respect and love. Be kind. A woman can do everything that you can
do. Communication and respect is important in any relationship.

12. Be a leader.

There will be times of peer pressure. Don't give in. Stand up for what you believe and
be a leader. It will take you far in life.

13. Be patriotic.

Love your country and thank a service men for what they have done for our country.
They have fought and sacrificed their lives for our freedom.

14. Be a good brother.

Friends come in and out of your life but you remain brothers forever. Love each other.



15. Take the road less traveled.

May you always make the right choices; never give up when it gets hard; be a leader not a follower; gain independence; and always dream big...anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

16. Wherever life takes you, you can come home. I will ALWAYS be here for you. I love you more than anything in this world.


Love,
Mommy

No comments: