Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sad News

Our good friends Derrick and Brittany recently lost their two precious twins, Evan and Halle. My heart breaks for them so much. They have waited so patiently to get pregnant and they told us the news this past Christmas. Travis and I were so excited especially since our children would be close in age just like Brittany and I were growing up. There were several complications along the way and on Tuesday, Brittany gave birth to them. Unfortunately, they did not make it. God had other plans for these two special angels. When my mom told me the news, the tears started to flow as I sat holding on to my two children. How could this happen to two wonderful people who would make amazing parents and wanted nothing more than to have children?

The emotions that I felt when we lost our little girl started to come back. You never truly forget how you feel when you lose a child regardless of how far along you are and no one can really understand unless they go through it themselves. Grant it, what they are going through is far more difficult than what Travis and I faced and I know in time through their faith, family, and friends they will persevere. Their time will come when God will bless them with children and I know they will make such great parents.

We love you both!

No comments: