Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Let Go, Let God

This past year, Travis and I have had a lot of change come our way. Through it all, we got through it together as a family even though at times it was stressful. Recently, we put our house back on the market after taking it off for a month. After a ton of showings we had our first offer but it was extremely low. At that point, we decided to put it up for rent as well. Our realtor warned us that we would probably be getting even more showings and our house would rent fast. Sure enough he was right. We have had a ton of showings every day and an older couple that came by the other night was really interested and have now become our NEW tenants! It was finalized last night and we couldn't be more relieved to have it off of our shoulders. We were determined to not leave here with a house note.

Now that the house was taken care of, we knew the next thing on the agenda was finding me a job. Even though, I have applied a ton of places, no one is really hiring. We were content with the fact that I would be and could still possibly be a stay at home mom. I'll be honest...I wouldn't complain if I get to stay home with my boys. This morning, I received an email for a job interview in the parish that I'm patiently waiting to work in...St. Charles Parish! It has great public schools and from what I have heard it's a great place to work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the interview goes well and it will all fall into place.

Through this all, I have to remind my self of this motto..."Let Go, Let God." I have learned and read through some of my prayers and from talks with my mom that I had to give God my worries because he is in the driver seat...he is in control. Until I gave up my worries, it would be hard for anything to happen. These last few weeks, I have done just that and prayed that he would take care of us. I truly believe that when I started doing that, everything else started to fall into place.

No comments: