Friday, March 9, 2012

John Thomas Terrell

JT has arrived! We welcomed him into this world at 2:15 on 3/8/12. He was 8 lbs. 11 ounces and 21 1 /2 inches long. I came in yesterday morning and they started the induction process around 8:30 and I started to dilate very quickly and by 1:30 I was ready to deliver. I was so excited and nervous. I couldn't believe the time was finally here for us to meet our little boy. After about 45 minutes of pushing, he was here! Tears of joy streamed down my face as they placed him in my arms for the first time. I was shocked to see a head full of blonde hair! Him and Will have very similar traits. After they got him all cleaned up, I was able to hold him close to me. It was love at first sight.

This recovery has definitely been so much easier than the first time around. After a couple of hours, I was up walking around and able to move a lot faster after the epidural wore off. My parents came back in the room shortly after delivery and Will was introduced to his little brother for the first time. He wasn't sure what to think but by the end of the night he was giving JT lots of kisses and was ready to hold him. I can't wait to see them together at home. Will is so sweet natured that I think he is going to be such a wonderful big brother and very helpful.

As I sat in my bed before my parents left, I watched Will interact with JT and felt so happy and blessed. Travis and I have been given 2 beautiful and healthy children and we couldn't be more thankful. I'm so excited to watch my boys grow up together. There is nothing more special than the gift of children. Will and JT are my world and I can't imagine life without them. They bring joy to Travis and I each and every day.

Ready to head to the hospital


The last picture as a family of 3


Proud daddy with his 2 boys


Our family of 4




Proud grandparents


Brothers Forever

1 comment:

David and April Vinson said...

Oh congratulations, Mary! We're so happy for you guys! He's beautiful! Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing! Praying for you these next days and weeks especially! Hugs!