Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Final Hours

Tomorrow is a big day for our family. We will be welcoming our son into this world and Will is going to meet his little brother for the first time. We are so excited and have some of the same feelings we did on the night before we met Will. This time, there is more excitement than nerves. I remember how excited I was to meet Will but how nervous I was at the same time because I didn't know what to expect about labor and delivery. I've longed for this day to come for 9 months. We are anxious to see what he looks like and if he is going to resemble Will at all. We are excited to hold him for the first time and to introduce Will to his brother. I look forward to watching them grow up together and be the best of friends. I have thought a lot about tomorrow and how much our lives will change for a second time. I still can't believe that our "surprise" baby that we found out about in July of last year is now ready to join our family and enter the world. I can't wait to hold his little hands in mine, kiss his sweet face, watch his facial expressions, hear the noises that little babies make, smell that 'baby smell,' see him smile, hear his laugh, and watch him look up to his sweet older brother. Him and Will are our greatest blessings and I can't help but look at Will and look at our sonogram of JT and be so grateful for what God has given us. I couldn't have asked for anything better and I'm looking forward to this journey as a mother of two boys! Who knows maybe baby number 3 will be in the future...

No comments: