Friday, September 9, 2011

Thank You, Mom!

This past week, our house fell to the stomach bug!! When we had visitors on Sunday of Labor Day Weekend, Will threw up but went back to playing after taking a long nap so we chalked it up to something he ate. On Monday, we started packing up our house and cleaning and then I got sick that afternoon in the night. I decided that I would stay home on Tuesday to rest and bring Will to the sitter. That didn't happen...he ended up getting sick at breakfast! So, him and I hung out together and I brought him to the doctor to make sure it was just the stomach bug. Sure enough he diagnosed us both with it. Earlier on Tuesday, my mom decided to fly up to take care of us since neither of us were eating and I barely had any strength from the lack of food and Travis had just left for his work trip. I was beyond grateful for her to come back up to Texas on Tuesday after leaving on Monday. She cooked us some homemade chicken soup and helped me take care of Will since he didn't lack on the energy part! :) It was so nice having the extra help around and plus I got to spend a little extra time with my mom. I ended up going back to work on Thursday and she flew back to Louisiana that night. Travis came in SICK! We had passed on this awful bug to him!
Thank you mom for being here for us and taking such good care of us! We loved having you here and spending extra time with you! I appreciate everything you and dad do to help us out even when we are 8 LONG hours away!!

No comments: