Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A New Year

Hey Y'all! It's been a while since I have written. Travis and I were fortunate to spend two weeks in Louisiana with my family. I was thrilled to be home for that long. We arrived late Friday night before Christmas. My mom and dad had their annual Christmas party on Saturday. It was so good to see people and visit with them that we haven't seen since our wedding.

On Christmas Eve, we continued our tradition of going look at Bonfires on the River. They had some really neat ones this year. The tractor was the coolest because you were able to get in it. Of course, they had one made for LSU!! We went to mass that evening and then celebrated Christmas Eve with my mom's side when she makes her gumbo!! We finally got to bed after midnight that night, and then woke up early to do gifts and get ready for both side's of the family to come over for Christmas dinner. It was so good being around our family.

New Year's Eve was a blast! My mom and dad's good friend, Mr. R.J. and his wife Jodi, throw a huge New Year's Eve party every year. They had a D.J. this year and of course I was up there singing and dancing my little heart out. It was another chance for Travis and I to see everyone and visit with them. Needless to say, we weren't moving too fast the next day. We even decided to stay an extra day because we didn't feel like packing. The day came for us to leave and of course I cried even though I knew I would see them in Feburary. We are all so close so it makes it so hard to leave. At least, I will see them a lot during the spring! Here are a few pictures of our fun trip to Louisiana.





No comments: