Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Beginnings







Today, Travis and I have been married for 4 months. I can't believe that much time has gone by. It feels like just yesterday we were planning for the big day. It came and went so fast. Our wedding day was a day that we will never forget. It was more than I could have ever imagined. I owe a lot of that to my parents who made it possible since I was not home to help do most of the planning. The six months of planning were so much fun even though we were traveling back and forth to Louisiana. We had some amazing showers and received some amazing gifts. It was so fun for us to come back to our house and go through our gifts and put them up.

The day of the wedding went by so fast. I was a lot calmer than expected even though I had a ton of emotions flowing through me...happy, nervous, anxious, excited. I will never forget the ride to the church with my dad and thinking about all of the memories that we have shared since I was little and how we talked about this day and what it would be like for the both of us and for him to give his little girl away. When it was time for me to walk out, everything became surreal. I was so excited to see Travis at the other end waiting for me so we can start our new life together as husband and wife. The ceremony was great and the reception was even better. We had a blast and my parents surprised us with a jazz band. It was amazing and a day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

A big thank you goes to our parents who made this day so special for us! We love you very much!

Mary




No comments: