Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Masters Swim Meet


This past Saturday I partcipated in my first swim meet for the Plano Wetcats. It's an adult swim team that I started with last Spring. Initally, I was doing it for exercise since I was no longer able to run because of my knees. I have swam since I was nine and was excited to get back into it. My coach asked me to participate in this meet so I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. It's definitely a lot more laid back than other meets that I partcipated in before. You swim with people of all ages both male and female. There was even an 80 year old woman that my mom and I thought was so cute. She swam a lot of events and even dove off the diving block at her age and kept up with the other swimmers. I was pretty impressed.

I was used to swimming with just girls in a single event but the Masters puts both genders together. It's different but fun. My parents even came up for the meet and my dad ended up having to time. Some things never change :) I swam the 50m butterfly, the 50m freestlye, 100m freestyle, and the 200m freestyle. I am anxious to swim in my next meet. I think Travis even enjoyed it and mentioned that he would like to start coming to practice with me in the mornings. It was definitely an experience that I would like to do again. Here are some pictures from the meet.






No comments: