Wednesday, October 7, 2009

This and That


I haven't written in a while and figured I would give a quick update of things that are going on. I am still loving my new job in Frisco. The staff is amazing and have made me feel so welcomed from day one. My kids are great! They are so funny at times. I have double the caseload from last year but it seems easier at the same time. I have to share a conversation that I had with one of my third graders last week. We were sitting at the table playing UNO and he says to me "Who do you think invented UNO?" I responded with "I'm not sure." After much thinking he says, "I bet it was a bunch of Mexicans!" After gaining my composure, I asked him "Why do you think that?" He says "Well, UNO means 1 in Spanish!" I think he expected me to know his logic behind that answer since I was the teacher. :) It was the cutest thing!

Travis is still working hard at his job. He is working for a company called Cyprexx that is based out of Tampa. He is an inspector for foreclosed homes. He loves it and loves the fact that it's always new and not a repetitive job. He does travel one or two days during the week but it beats the night shift everyday that he was working at his old job. He is so happy and doing an amazing job! I'm so proud of him!

This weekend, we are participating in the "Walk to Remember." It's a walk for parents of unborn children. It gives us a chance to remember them. It's one of the many memorials that are held throughout the year. I have lots of emotions going through of how this day will be and what Travis and I will be feeling. We are both so fortunate that the Medical Center of Plano takes time to honor these 'angels.' We think of our little girl often and I still have my moments of a complete breakdown but have relied on my faith to get me through those hard days. Please continue to pray for strength and that we may be able to have a little miracle of our own very soon.

Love to all!
Mary

1 comment:

David and April Vinson said...

So great to hear from you again, Mary! I think of you often! So glad things are going well at both of your jobs! And I'm glad for such a special walk you guys were able to participate in! Hugs!