Friday, July 10, 2009

Our First Ultrasound

Today Travis and I went in for our first ultrasound of our little peanut. When we saw it appear on the screen, I was in such awe of our little miracle. The doctor went through routine photographs and then showed us it's heartbeat. I teared up watching it flicker on the screen and then to hear from the doctor that it was a healthy and strong heartbeat made it even better. It's heartbeat was beating at 136 beats per minute. I am currently 7 weeks and 2 days with my due date set for February 24th. We go again in 4 weeks and I can't wait to see how much it has grown since this first visit. It's so amazing to see this little tiny thing inside you be life that you created and are going to bring into this world. Travis and I have been waiting for this day to come. 

As far as being sick, I have been pretty lucky for the most part, so far! I have been very fatigued and queasy with a very little appetite. I even lost 7 pounds when I weighed in today! Nothing really sounds good to eat but I know I have to feed the baby so I try to put something in my stomach. I'll be glad when this passes! It's been nice to have the summer off to go through my first trimester. We are anxious for the next several months and to watch our little peanut grow. Here are a few pictures from our sonogram today! Enjoy!

Love Y'all,
Mary

1 comment:

David and April Vinson said...

Mary! We are so excited for you! Enjoy every moment of this journey! From having just had our baby, it's worth it all and more! Congratulations!!! :)